Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WHERE IS MY HEART?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth . . . 
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"
- Jesus (Matthew 6:19, 21)

Your heart is with that which you treasure. You value that which is on your mind the most. Your priorities show themselves in how you spend your time. 
What do I spend my time doing? What is on my mind most of the day? What gets the most importance today? What does my list of priorities look like? Does it match my actions and thoughts? How do I spend most of my time? 

How willing am I to part with my possessions? How freely do I write a check to someone in need? How freely do I write a check for something I want? Am I willing to ask and listen to God? Will I ask how I can join with Him in changing the world? Am I willing to follow Christ? Am I willing to love the people He loves? 
I needed Jesus to break my heart today, and He did when my husband brought home a copy of a letter written to the Church in the U.S. from the Association of Evangelicals in Southern Africa. Click on the link to read it and also consider joining the Micah Challenge.

1 comment:

Grace Chapel Youth Ministry said...

it's hard to really imagine that actual change that could happen in the world if we follow Christ, what does it look like if the prayer "thy kingdom come" is actually answered?